Life is like a Box of Chocolate with a Cup of Tea.
Life is a mystery; life is a gift; life is a beauty, life is a hard journey with soft touch; life is a serendipity; some life are straight; others are curvilinear; but every life is special, unique, and precious; every life has god complexity in it and abstraction of universe; what’re those interesting life metaphors? And is life a metaphor for all things?
1. Life is like a Seed
From a small seed a mighty trunk may grow. Aeschylus
Life is like a seed, inside each seed, there is an unseen potential, unleashed energy; unimaginable colors and uncompromised substances; a big strong tree is metaphorically inside this tiny seed, but it will never grow unless planted and nourished. Life is like four seasons, there’s time to sow, time to grow, time to harvest and time to enjoy. It is the awareness of unfulfilled potential which gives a person the feeling that he or she has a destiny, there’re inner fulfillment includes many factors such as intellectual satisfaction, purpose, curiosity, inspiration, insight and discovery, etc. ideally , the seeds grow into what they suppose to be, the transformation of living beings; the maturity of life and the miracle of nature.
2. Life is like Photography
“Squeeze an orange-you get orange juice. Squeeze a lemon- you get lemon juice. When a human is squeezed, you get what is inside- positive or negative.” -Jack Kinder
One needs to develop positive from negative. L
is like photography.
Focus is an ingredient to have a good shot. Life is like a camera. Just focus
on what’s important, capture the positive moment, develop from the negatives, overcome
barriers and bias, breakthrough ceilings, mind gaps, and make difference; if things don’t turn out – take another shot.
Beyond photography, life is like a book with well-selected pictures, you are
the author and everyday is a new page. ife
3. Life is like a White Canvas
Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even. --Horace
Life is like a canvas, the colors we are going to use are up to our own choices: be it blue, yellow, purple, or silver. It reflects the color of your character and sharpness of your eyes, the breadth of your heart and depth of your soul. You need to connect the dots or paint the numbers; you need to measure the sizes or manage the shapes; it’s the art to be colorful, but not flashy; original but not primitive; elegant but not complex; simple but not tedious; classic but not out of date. Life is also like a jigsaw puzzle, but you don't have the picture on the front of the box to know what it's supposed to look like. Sometimes, you're not even sure if you've got all the pieces. It takes imagination and hard working to craft it.
4. Life is like Treasure Hunting
"All outside greatness is merely an incidental reflection of the inside." -Ralph Parlette
Perhaps there’re no wonders when walking on the big road; and the hidden treasure of life can only be discovered when you take serendipitous path; or the rare-traveled trail; there’s ‘get lost’ –disappointing moment, also some major turning points; those defining moments will shape the life destiny. Either pursuing intellectual satisfaction or universal happiness; physical strength or spiritual maturity, peace or wisdom, life is the treasure-hunting journey which can take different path and enjoy it.
5. Life like a box of chocolates with a Cup of Tea
Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood -Helen Keller
Life is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you're going to get. And life is also like to have a cup of tea, taste bitter but smell great; Life is like to have ice cream, cold but fit for need when timing is right; it takes courage, curiosity, openness, wildness, patience, perseverance, concentration and appreciation to really enjoy it.
More collective Metaphors about Life:
- Life is like a Running River. With all its bends and rapid falls, one must follow the right path or else you'll lose your way. Perhaps it’s the right destiny to merge into the sea.
- Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons: there’re hot button matters; the wrong button get pushed once a while;
- Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air or enjoy it.
- Life is like expressway (wish).The only difference is that there are potholes and humps along the way. But if you were ready and prepared just right, you'll have a smooth ride ahead.
- Life is like a bagel. It's delicious when it's fresh and warm, but often it's just hard. The hole in the middle is its great mystery, and yet it wouldn't be a bagel without it. Life is like eating grapefruit. First you have to break through the skin; then it takes a couple of bites to get used to the taste, and just as you begin to enjoy it, it squirts you in the eye.
- Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it. -Sai Baba
Life is a serendipitous journey, have a plan, but not over-plan it; take the nature path, keep the original design; let it grow & mature; keep its full theme and color; cognizant of ups & downs, capture the insight of its meaning; and feel humbled, as life are bits and bytes of whole Universe, add some colors and make certain signals, every bit of positive influence count…