Change is inevitable, organizational change has become a common practice within an organization, but too often changes are made as a reaction to outer impulses, crisis, and demands. This is the bureaucracy’s way of meeting the challenges. A digital transformation is achieved via dynamic Strategy-Execution-Change life cycle management, though it is not all linear steps, but an iterative, ongoing and up-going change continuum. How to embed creativity in Change Management and lead change effortlessly?
The Gains and Pains of Change Management
- The Gains and Pains in Change Management? Change is inevitable, and the speed of change is increasing. For individuals or organizations at the lower level of change maturity, change is a reactive action and a reluctant activity. They get stuck in the “comfort zone” for so long, dislike changes. But change is the only way to move forward. In fact, there are both gains and pains in Change Management, so how to identify, understand, and manage changes smoothly.
- How to Deal With Change Management Conundrum? Change is inevitable, and the speed of changes is increasing. Forward-looking organizations are also on the journey of digital transformation. Change can be a somewhat mechanical implementation of new or different ways to doing something while the transformation is more likely to be a sweeping approach to altering a culture, or parts of it, possibly even to parts of its ecosystem, to embrace such as change and help it become self-perpetuating. When the need for significant change is identified, it's generally naive to think it will succeed without transformation as well. However, the failure rate of change management is stubbornly high - around two-thirds of change efforts fail to meet expectations. For many, change management is still a "conundrum," or one-time business initiative, what are some causes to change failure or the stagnation of digital transformation, and how to build the business “changeability” and improve its responsiveness.
- How to Overcome Three Pitfalls to Accelerate Digital Paradigm Shift? Digital means the increasing speed of changes, hyperconnectivity, and always-on business dynamic. Corporate change can be a simple modification of strategy, a business process improvement or a more radical digital transformation. Either at the individual or organizational level, in the static industrial era, change is often a one-time project; in the Digital Age, change has to become an ongoing capability. But what are barriers you need to overcome in order to manage change more effectively?
- How to make Change Management Tangible rather than Fluffy? Change is the only constant, and Change Management is no longer just a one-time project or business initiative, but an ongoing business capability. However, more than two-thirds of Change efforts fail to achieve the expected result, especially for the large, legacy companies, what’re the causes of failure, and how to make Change Management tangible rather than fluffy?
- The Promises and Perils of Measuring Changes? Change is inevitable, and the speed of change is accelerating! For digital organizations today, Change Management is an ongoing capability, not just a one-time initiative. If you could only manage what you measure, can you make an assessment of your "Changeability," what are the promises and perils of change measurement, and how to improve the success rate of organizational Change Management?
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify your voice, deepen your digital footprints, and match your way for human progression.